Two mutants come to a private academy for their kind whose resident
superhero team must oppose a terrorist organization with similar powers.
Director: Bryan Singer
Writers: Tom DeSanto (story), Bryan Singer (story), 1 more credit
Stars: Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen | See full cast and crew
Storyline
In a world where both Mutants and Humans fear each other, Marie, better known as Rogue, runs away from home and hitches a ride with another mutant, known as Logan, a.k.a. Wolverine. Charles Xavier, who owns a school for young mutants, sends Storm and Cyclops to bring them back before it is too late. Magneto, who believes a war is approaching, has an evil plan in mind, and needs young Rogue to help him.X-Men Movie Reviews
I've always been a fan
of the X-Men, since the Animated Series aired (I'd never really read
any of the comics though... ^_^). So when I heard they were making a
movie about them, I was counting the days until it was released. Maybe
that affected how I viewed the movie, but I was a bit disappointed.
Director Brian Singer (Usual Suspects) did a good job with what he's
got... the multiple characters, etc. The whole project seems a bit
"safe," though, as if the producers wanted to make sure this big
production didn't flop. It's a good movie, but not a great one. Fans of
the X-Men might be especially disappointed if their favorite characters
do not include either Wolverine or Rogue. Mine personally is Cyclops,
but he had a minor role. James Marsden, who played Cyclops, was a bit on
the stiff side, but I forgive him because I like him as an actor. On
that note, all the actors did an excellent job, especially Patrick
Stewart and Ian McKellan, as the forces of good and evil. It brought an
endearing humanistic side to a story I had thought was dominated by
sci-fi. If you're an X-Men fan, I would definitely recommend this
film--but you probably have already seen it! What X-Men fan would miss
out? If you're not a fan, maybe this movie can be a starting point for a
new obsession...

No comments:
Post a Comment