On a mission to rid society of its most repellent citizens, terminally
ill Frank makes an unlikely accomplice in 16-year-old Roxy.
Director: Bobcat Goldthwait
Writer: Bobcat Goldthwait
Stars: Joel Murray, Tara Lynne Barr, Mackenzie Brooke Smith | See full cast and crew
Storyline
Loveless, jobless, possibly terminally ill, Frank has had enough of the downward spiral of America. With nothing left to lose, Frank takes his gun and offs the stupidest, cruelest, and most repellent members of society. He finds an unusual accomplice: 16-year-old Roxy, who shares his sense of rage and disenfranchisement.God Bless America Movie Reviews
The problem with many
reviews is that we seek to 'analyse' and not just accept. We look for
hidden agendas instead of just taking something at face value. This film
is a gem...the main character and his life were easily acceptable and
plausible and his outlook on modern American life whilst predictable,
knowing the movie's theme...was perfectly understandable. There is a
wonderful dark humour running throughout the story and whilst it does
stretch the imagination boundaries at times you think to yourself 'so
what ..I'm enjoying it'. I could not think of one victim in this film
that I also wouldn't have minded bumping off and Tara Lynne Barr is
perfect as Frank's young accomplice. One of my favourite scenes involved
Frank's visit to his doctor but then I always did have a twisted sense
of humour. I recommend you watch this if only as a release valve for
your pent up frustrations with modern society and TV talent shows.

No comments:
Post a Comment